Training: Command Leadership & Management
Dates & Locations
1. Belfast, ME Class
When: March 22-24, 2023, 9a to 4p
Where: Belfast Boathouse Event Center
34 Commercial Street, Belfast, ME
2. Tilton, NH Class
When: September 6-8, 2023
9:00 am to 4:00 pm
Where: Tilton, NH Police Dept.
45 Sanborn Rd, Tilton, NH
CLASS COST: $295
Command Leadership & Management Course is a course that will provide the student with a fundamental understanding of how leadership foundations and principles impact management and supervision. This course will greatly assist command level officers with the completion of certain managerial duties.
Students will learn how to understand and maintain a police budget, understand how to effectively utilize strategic plans, and students will understand organizational leadership and how it applies to their respective agencies. This course utilizes breakout team exercises to help students develop a true understanding of approaches and practices.
- Leadership styles and how leadership & management differ but work together
- Self-leadership and how it impacts overall leadership
- How to truly motivate employees
- Organizational leadership (leading, influencing & inspiring)
- Police budgets (forecasting, proposals, presentations, approval process)
- Strategic planning (SWOT analysis, implementation and follow through)
- Much more