Training: Critical Incident Management (Post-Incident Preparation)
Dates & Locations
The Hampton class is now full
When: January 14, 2022 – 9 am – 4 pm
Where: Hooksett (NH) Police Dept.
15 Legends Dr, Hooksett, NH 03106
CLASS COST: $170
The focus of this class is to provide information about all aspects of critical incidents. This class is for police officers, police administration, dispatchers and human resource personnel. The information and resources provided in this class will greatly assist all police personnel with preparing and dealing with critical incidents. The content provided in this class will enable agencies to update their respective policies and procedures in order to ensure everyone involved in critical incidents is supported and provided the resources they need.
- Anything can happen anywhere and anytime
- What is a critical incident?
- Audio of my critical incident
- Discuss instructor’s critical incident and what occurred afterwards
- Critical incidents and how they relate to social media/media
- Critical incident stress
- What can occur during a critical incident
- Common reactions after a critical incident
- Critical incident stress and the department
- When to seek additional help
- Legal aspect
- Newly enacted SB59 (NH Law) also information on other New England states about similar laws
- Work related PTSD statistics and laws
- Overcoming the challenges of work-related PTSD
- Resources for target audience (handouts, contact information)
- Breakout group assignment