Training: FTO Supervisor Course (SAC)
Dates & Locations
When: Sept. 30 & Oct. 1, 2021
Time: 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
Where: South Burlington (VT) Police Dept.
19 Gregory Dr, S. Burlington, VT 05403
CLASS COST: $275
FTO SAC is a course that will provide the student with a fundamental understanding of developing, managing and maintaining a police FTO program. Additionally, the course will provide students with an extensive leadership block that will enhance their ability to effectively supervise field training officers and recruit trainees. The course will afford students the opportunity to examine required forms and processes that will positively impact their FTO program and agency/organization.
SAC Course Covers:
- Understanding of components of the FTO course and a field training program under the San Jose Model
- Application of supervisory leadership principles applied to the supervision of an FTO program
- Understanding of forms associated with the San Jose Model Field training program
- Understanding of legal and liability ramifications, including retention and termination vs. resignation, related to maintaining and leading an FTO program
- Practical application of forms, documentation and principles necessary to develop and supervise a successful FTO program
Phillip White is currently the San Jose Police Department’s Field Training Program’s Administrative Officer. His unit coordinates scheduling for over 80 FTOs and between 40 and 65 police recruit trainees while providing professional FTO informational support for agencies across the state and nation. He is a California P.O.S.T. certified Academy Instructor, Scenario Evaluator and Instructor of the California P.O.S.T. approved Field Training Officer’s Course.
Officer White has a B.S. in Criminal Justice and has presented at the National Association of Field Training Officers (NAFTO) national conference and teaches throughout the county, state, and country. An avid sports coach, White holds an M.S. in Exercise Science and an M.A. in Athletic Administration.
White is a USMC veteran having served as an M.P. (MOS 5811) with the 3rd MAW, MCAS El Toro, CA.