Training: Open Source Intelligence Gathering & Web-Based Investigations
Dates & Locations
CLASS COST: $170
All competent Investigators must now be able to navigate the ‘Internet of Things’ ; these skills are no longer reserved for only specialists in their respective agencies. This course is taught by an experienced task-force officer who has investigated a myriad of digitally facilitated crimes. Students will understand how to set up passive and active intelligence-gathering accounts, be aware of criminal and civil legal considerations, learn how to navigate social media providers who do not support investigations on their platforms, and how to protect their own identifiers.
We suggest that as a prerequisite, students attend the on-demand remote-online course regarding preservation considerations, which is available from GSPCC.
- Operational security (OPSEC)
- Open source intelligence gathering (OSINT).
- Pre-warrant intelligence gathering for operational considerations and officer safety
- How to successfully create active and passive pseudonym accounts and/or avatar accounts and how to maintain protect and maintain those accounts.
- Social media terms of service and the service of legal paperwork including search warrants to internet service providers
- Avoiding ‘blue on blue’ scenarios
- Freedom of information request considerations and NH RSA 91-a perils
- Operational cost considerations.
- SOP considerations (an SOP is deemed as necessary).