Training: Jiu-Jitsu for Law Enforcement
Dates & Locations
THIS CLASS HAS BEEN CANCELLED
GSPCC, in partnership with Fenix Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, offers defensive tactics and control seminars, classes, and courses to local law enforcement teams
This course focuses on takedowns, escapes, weapon-retention as well as other ground control and defense positions. This course comprises 30 techniques with an emphasis not only on learning but the ability to teach each of the techniques to others by means of in-depth explanation, understanding, and execution of each technique.
Each student will be expected to perform a “teach back” upon successful completion of this training. Each student will receive a certification valid for one year upon successful completion of this course.
- This can be a “Teach the Teacher” type course, or a stand-alone course for those that want to improve their ground fighting abilities
- Students will learn the basics of jiu-jitsu for law enforcement application.
- The course includes access to equipment and instructors.
- The course is designed to provide officers with non-lethal techniques to defend themselves.
- The course will teach how to control a combatant when the subject is not complying to verbal commands.